Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ready for Easter!

After some trials and errors (mostly due to a week with a big head cold and a debilitating fever), my Penny Candy Tee is finished and it fits!

I gave it a nice long bath in hair conditioner to make it softer. The Fabel sock yarn definitely needed it to bloom, it felt kinda stringy.

Sadly, after soaking and blocking, the Fabel yarn is still scratchy. I'll have to wear a cotton t-shirt underneath. Yes, I should have known it was a bad yarn choice but I liked the colours too much to be sensible... Oh well, live and learn.

I have to admit that I'm a lot like the "Princess and the pea", I can feel everything! If it isn't really soft, I can't wear it next to my skin. Since I value comfort above all else, I have many form fitting  t-shirts I wear under stuff, so it's all good. ;-)










Have a very happy Easter!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ooo la la Raymonde. It just looks sooo good ! Its a knock out, as I'm sure you wll be when you wear it ! :) Thanks again for knitting it. I love the tee, as I got to know you a little through our conversations while you knit it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Sometimes I have to wear a cotton cami or tee under a knit because it will surprise me and be itchy. I agree, not a big deal!

    ReplyDelete