Monday, August 10, 2015

Change is good!

With the purchase of my wonderful brand new sewing machine, I felt the need to shake things up in my attic work room, because, well, it deserved a nice home!

This is what it used to look like. It wasn't as user friendly as I would have liked. Plus there was a lot of wasted space.


The sewing machine was at the far left of the room (out of frame) right at the top of the stairs on a small table and the space never felt comfortable.

So, I shuffled everything around, moved pieces of furniture from and to other parts of the house and this is what it looks like now! Although this is still a work in progress, the layout of the room is more efficient and now works a lot better for me.



                   The white cabinets on both sides of the sewing machine hold fabric.


The sewing corner. This table is much bigger so I can spread out! ;-) 


I repurposed stuff to hold all the thread, ribbons, elastic and tools I need.




Repurposed boxes for buttons and bits of lace. 
(The pile of fabric scraps is not usually there (I have cats), but it was a busy day...) ;-)


The old table I use as a sewing machine table, has a drawer that holds needles, bobbins, presser feet and accessories! 
I'm still looking for a container to store my presser feet, this jumble is not working very well... 


In case you're wondering, I don't have a cutting table in the attic. I use the kitchen island because it's exactly the right height for me and it's really big! Plus, going up and down two flights of stairs is very good exercise!

And, in case you're worrying, the yarn and the knitting machines seem to take it all in stride! :-)

1 comment: