Sunday, May 6, 2012

Machine knit Rose jacket.

My dear old mother asked me for a knit jacket!

She wanted something that would be perfect for this time of the year. You know, when you don't feel like wearing a coat anymore but a light cardigan isn't quite warm enough...

Well, she explained the type of jacket she wished for, chose the color (to go with a favorite skirt) and the wool yarn. Then,  after taking her measurements, I went to the Passap and machine knit a rather basic, plain jacket.  But, since my mother is anything but plain, I went nuts and did some a lot of duplicate stitching with embroidery wool!!! :-)


The flowers were inspired  by many  pictures and cross stitch patterns.


Have I told you that I love to decorate plain knits with duplicate stitching?


It fits her and she loves it, but it still needs to be blocked!



No comments:

Post a Comment