Saturday, June 2, 2012

A little machine knitting music...

A few posts back, I said I was going to knit a musical themed afghan for my music loving mother. Well, I chose the yarn, chose the colors (black and cream, a lot softer than black and white...) I made it, I also washed it and gave it to her on mother's day. I only forgot to take pictures...

So, today, before taking my mother shopping for summer clothes, I finally remembered I had to bring my camera!!! Duh!!!

Here are a few pictures of the afghan.






The stitch is Fantasy Fair Isle and I found the Iris Bishop pattern in an old Machine Knitting Monthly magazine. Let me tell you, this baby is huge! It's wide enough and long enough to completely cover a double size bed!

My mother loves her surprise gift and that's what really counts! ;-)

And, since this is spring and winter is finally behind us, I thought I'd show you what's going on in my neck of the woods...


The trees now have leaves...


... and flowers...



I love spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment