Sunday, June 17, 2012

Still knitting!

I know, I've been rather quiet for a while... That does not mean I wasn't knitting, I just didn't have any FOBs to show you. I had a temporary falling out with my Passap, which is getting sorted out with a slow going deep cleaning! I also have been spending a lot of time outside, gardening, painting and reading !

Even if the weather is hot and gorgeous, I've been knitting a very wintery sweater, it's from an old Vogue Knitting issue, the "oversized sweater with set in sleeves and pines, reindeers and house..."

I modified the shape, removed the reindeers and the house. What I loved about the pattern was the night sky and the mountains, so that's what I kept! I made it big so that I can wear layers underneath.



The yarn is Briggs & Little Tuffy
If that sweater doesn't keep me warm, I don't know what will!


That's it for now, I'm off to play outside but don't worry, I still have a few knits on my needles to keep me out of trouble. ;-)



1 comment:

  1. I love this sweater and I have been searching for this old vogue. I have all the ones around it, I dont know why I do not have this one! Could I possibly buy the magazine from you? Or the pattern?
    Thanks! Lisa

    ReplyDelete