Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What's hiding behind?


Following my last post, Sheryl asked what the reverse side of double knit jacquard looks like and Tom asked if I could show the cards I used to knit the norwegian inspired sweater. Well, ask and you shall receive!

Let's start with the reverse side (I used technique A, bird's eye double jacquard):


As you can see, the it's very neat and tidy. It has no long floats (in fact, it has no floats at all) and since the stitches are doubled, it makes a very warm fabric.

Now, on to the cards I used.




As you can see, before I punched the cards, I drew some motifs which I then modified. That explains the faint blue circles... ;-)

Now, because it's still very cold and I still feel very "nordic", let me tease you with a glimpse of what I'm working on...


... and the main card I'm using. Card #163 from the "Deco patterns 101-330" book. I used that card for a sweater last year...


I made a few mistakes (trying to go too fast) while punching it, that's why there are a few pieces of transparent tape on it. They do a perfect job at repairing dumb blunders, which is a very good thing since I'm down to my very last blank card! I must remember to order some...

P.S: These are Passap cards, so they're 40 stitches across.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Blonde! You are the best, can't wait to see the new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure Tom! As for the new project, you'll see it tomorrow! It's still very cold (-30 celsius), perfect knitting weather! ;-)

    ReplyDelete