Monday, March 25, 2013

The last warm sweater of the season...

I'm done knitting mohair for this year. I still have a lot of it, but I'm starting on spring stuff. Winter has to end soon, or so I hope...

So, I made this last mohair sweater (for now) on the SK120. It's an old Kristin Nicholas pattern for Classic Elite Yarns, from 1997. I saw it here on Patternfish and copied it.




 Although I loved (adored!) the original colours, I changed them to match the yarn I had. This is how it turned out:



I used the intarsia carriage to make the motif. Good thing I have everything that was ever made for that machine!          ;-)





I also modified the neckline, the cuffs and winged it for the rest. It's warm but it has bright spring colours, so I'll be able to wear it for a while, at least until it gets quite a bit warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment