Sunday, March 31, 2013

Knitting blahs...

This is the time of the year when I always have a problem deciding what to knit. I try a lot of things  and most of them either don't turn out the way I want, or they just don't excite me...

Last week, I had the feeling I was going around in circles. I made a crochet scarf that I don't like. At all. The pattern is The Sweet Eleanore Scarf. It's really cute but I chose the wrong yarn...

It's Mille, a discontinued mohair from Filatura di Crosa. It's a pretty yarn but it doesn't work with the pattern and it looks kind of cheap and flimsy when it isn't knitted at a tight gauge. Oh well, live and learn...


So, since I have a lot left in this colour and in a deeper pink, this scarf will be frogged and will live again as a striped sweater. I'm thinking it might be a Vitamin D like this one.

Since making this, I've cast on many projects that have also been major failures... My biggest problem is that I don't have much warm weather yarn in my stash. 
So I guess I just need to go shopping! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it is definitely time to go shopping friend ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm going tomorrow!!! I've finally decided what I want to knit, now I need to find the bulky cotton to make it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete