Saturday, April 13, 2013

An almost perfect knitting bag and something to put in it!

A few weeks ago, I told you I was looking for the perfect knitting bag. Well, I found the next best thing, an "almost perfect" knitting bag. Exactly like this one:



I found it here at The BagSmith.

It has everything I wanted, a folding metal stand, an adjustable strap, a whole lot of inside space, pockets for needles and patterns and a neutral colour!!!

The one and only problem is that it doesn't have a flap to close it at the top. Not very practical when it's snowing or raining... I need to find fabric that matches the bag (since it's black, that shouldn't be a huge problem) and make a long flap to go up and over the top of the bag.The inside pockets were also a bit small for my taste but with a bit of seam ripping that was easily fixed.

I've been using it for a few days and I'm a happy camper! :-)

On the knitting front, I spent the past week still looking for inspiration, I remembered that one year ago, I started knitting a Vitamin D which I wear a lot, so I decided to make another one. I cast on with a greyish green merino, knit for several inches and then, decided that the colour I had chosen was very similar in tone to my existing Vitamin D...

So, I put it away for a while until I decide what to do with it. Since I have a habit of modifying patterns, that's probably what will happen...

That didn't solve my problem! I rummaged around my stash and found something I want to knit and wear!

Up to an hour ago , this is what was hiding in my new knitting bag, a modified version of  the peacock eyes cardi! I had started working on one last year and I had frogged it because I didn't have enough yarn. It was still in the back of my mind when Justyna published a new version that rekindled my interest. I love the lace pattern at the yoke (I know you can't really see it in this picture)!  I want something different for the body, so I'm doing some modifications, it'll be slightly flared with a lace border at the bottom, maybe...



But for now, the cardigan has to be patient, I just got the yarn I ordered from Nordic Mart. It's  scrumptiously loopy Drops Puddel to knit a sweater coat for a friend's daughter. She told me exactly what she wanted and it's going to be a lot of fun to make it for her. If it turns out as cute as I hope it will, I might order more Puddel and make one for my daughter and maybe even another one for me!!!

Since it's snowing right now, knitting warm weather clothes seems quite normal! ;-)



2 comments:

  1. Oh just *look* at that Peacock Eye cardi ! The photo is so .. um.. Kaffe-esque :)

    I can so relate to 'yeah, I'll knit that when I'm done with *all of these* mindset. I figure I'll be out of the knitting-for-others mode by mid May, and I can't wait to come out with some new bold knitting ! :) Love your blog ! One of these days I'll get to lurking in your archives ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! I love YOUR blog and your photos. In the middle of a snowstorm, your pictures always brought a tiny bit of spring my way!
    I really needed that! :-)

    ReplyDelete