Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 5, or why I didn't have time for days 2, 3 and 4...

I was supposed to follow the blog suggestions for the Knitting and Crochet blog week but life sort of got in the way and I fell behind, far, far behind...

Today the topic is blogging in a completely different way... I don't have time to look into this, the same way I didn't have time to make a graphic yesterday or to write any of the other posts. So, I'll just tell you what's going on here on the shores of the mighty St-Lawrence for this procrastinating knitting manatee and I won't show you any pictures. That's almost completely different for me!  ;-)

I'm still spending a whole lot of time trying to convince people that a public library is a must for our little town, especially since the government subsidies mean that our property taxes won't even increase! Can you believe that our library project has become a pawn in a political battle? It's all very disconcerting and a bit discouraging... I'm so disappointed with many of the town's citizens...

The polls will be open next sunday and on May 5th. Send us positive thoughts and wish us luck!!!

Luckily, to keep my cool, I have my knitting. I don't know what I would do without it!

The Drop's Puddle and Briggs & Little Sport sweater coat is coming along nicely. Even though the weather is finally getting a lot warmer, I still love the feeling of that cushy yarn in my hands! It's so scrumptious!!!

I didn't have enough Briggs & Little Sport in the right colour and they were also all out at my LYS, so I've decided that the yoke and sleeves will be knit with a strand of Briggs & Little Heritage instead. It's thicker, so the upper torso and sleeves will be even warmer! I haven't tried it yet, I hope it won't be too thick and that it won't look strange... We'll see...

If it is, I might try to un-twist the Heritage and knit with one strand, which would make it the same thickness as the Sport yarn. I sure hope it doesn't have to come to that, untwisting that much yarn would be a pain in the...


3 comments:

  1. Knitting helps me keep my cool too.... gotta have it near at all times ;)

    Good luck on your library project !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to always have my knitting near, as it calms me and keeps me from firing up about anything. Strap it on me ! Good luck with your library project. What a wonderful thing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We need all the positive thoughts we can get! :-)

    ReplyDelete