Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Knitting and Crochet blog week!

Have you heard of the "Knitting and Crochet blog week IV"? Well, I have to admit I hadn't but thanks to Olgalynn's post at O!jolly! , now, I do! Go check out her post about this, she explains everything a lot better than I ever could. Plus, if you've never read her blog, it's a great way to get to know it! ;-)



The Knitting and Crochet blog week is an exercise in blogging fun! If you want even more information and discover another fun blog, just go to eskimimimakes.

On the home front, I'm knitting the sweater coat in curly Puddel yarn and... preparing a yarn bombing for our local projected public library!

We don't have a library in my little town. Some of us are working very hard to convince part of the town's people that a library is an essential part of community life and an invaluable asset for our children. The problem is that mayoral elections will be held next november and that the library is caught in a tug of war between competing candidates... Arrrgh...

Since the library would be located in an historical building (a very old presbytery), we've been accorded a ton of subsidies, so many in fact, that having the library wouldn't even raise our taxes!!! Even after doing a lot of door to door canvasing of the population, I still can't understand why so many people are against it...

But, the town's teenagers are on our side! They've prepared a petition and we're holding a big party next sunday during which they'll present the petition to the mayor (who is for the library). That's where the yarn bombing part takes place. We decided to yarn bomb the presbytery's porch with colourful knitted decorations and pompoms! It's a good thing I have a lot of yarn, knitting machines and also that a few other crazy gals (who don't even know how to knit) will be coming over saturday to give me a hand!
I think they'll be making pompoms! :-)


4 comments:

  1. Good luck Blonde, I'm rooting for your cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tom! I just machine knit a 45 foot long scarf on the bulky to decorate the presbytery for sunday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take pictures tomorrow when it's installed! :-)

    ReplyDelete