Monday, April 22, 2013

Day one of the Knitting and Crochet blog week!

O.K. This is the first post of the week, I'm supposed to tell you if I'm a bee, a manatee, a monkey or a peacock. Well, I first thought I was a bee, but after thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that I'm really a manatee. I live in a part of the world that's really cold for a big part of the year and I love to wrap those I love in warm clothes and accessories. Even though I share some aspects of the other candidates, I have to go with the manatee, a knitter that goes for the soft cuddly part of knitting.

As a matter of fact, I'm presently knitting something that's completely cuddly and cosy. The epitome of comfy and warm knitwear. A sweater coat in Drop's Puddle!



Look at that! It's called Puddle but it sure looks like a baby lamb to me! I'm knitting two strands of Puddel together, with another strand of Briggs & Little Sport (that I soaked in hair conditioner to make it bloom and to make it softer). Those 3 strands make it very thick and warm without being heavy. It's very close to my ideal texture/warmth/weight/looks ratio! ;-)

I'm having fun knitting it but although I'm using 8mm needles, it isn't going all that quickly because of the loops in the Puddle. The needles have a tendency to get stuck in those loops if I knit too fast, so, I'm taking my time, enjoying the cushy feeling of the yarn through my fingers.

I don't have a pattern, I'm making it up as I go, but I can already tell that I won't have enough Puddel, so today I ordered all the yarn they had left from the same dye lot. Now, it's all systems go!

3 comments:

  1. That does look wonderfully soft, cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, there you go. I'll be visiting...

    I like this blog week idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry... I haven't been a very good blogger this week... Shame on me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete