Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A remembrance of little sweaters...


When my children were small, I knit a lot of warm woolies for them, a whole lot...
Earlier today, as I was looking through old pictures, I saw many hand knits I had forgotten about, many knits that were passed down to cousins, knits that were supposed to come back and never did... Sigh...

That made me remember other tiny sweaters, overalls, hats, scarves, mittens and coats that were made with love, well worn, but never photographed...

I'm kind of sad I don't have those baby and children's garments. I don't have grandchildren, not yet, but I know my children would have loved to see their future babies in the same woolies they wore when they were small...

Those very few knits that came back are treasured, I'm making sure that they will be there for the next generation!

As for those who were lost, I think I can reproduce most of them (those I remember) from memory...


Here are a few of my favorite pictures of times past: 


My wonderful daughter in one of the sweaters that still exists.


My son (when he was quite young and a whole lot smaller) in another one.




Another picture of my adorable son, in an intarsia sweater that has gone missing... 


The following cable cardigan only needs one button...


Sweet children, sweet memories...

2 comments:

  1. Treasures!!! All of them !!!! Seriously... you knit that Bugs Bunny? You are a master of intarsia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bugs Bunny was a Phildar pattern I made on my Passap knitting machine. I made many intarsia sweaters on the knitting machine when the children were small. My favourite was a Babar I drew, transferred to graph paper and then knit. It was really cute!

    ReplyDelete