Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Principles of Knitting

A few days ago, I downloaded the new revised Kindle version of June Hemmons Hiatt's "The Principles of Knitting" from Amazon.




I've been sitting with yarn and knitting needles, trying all sorts of techniques ever since!

It contains so many different ways to do so many things, cast ons, cast offs, stitches, you name it, it's in there! I'm having a lot of fun!

On the real knitting front, the over dyed sweater is dry. Finally! I'm still looking for buttons..

I've also made two hats that had to be frogged, because they didn't fit well!

Since it takes more than a few bad hats to get me down, I've now started Kate Davies' "Dollheid"! I'm just starting the crown and it already looks lovely!

If you don't know Kate, go visit her blog! She's simply wonderful! She makes gorgeous knits, takes beautiful photographs and is a joy and an inspiration to read!

Talking of inspiration, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, The Yarn Harlot, wrote the most heartfelt, touching post on monday. If you haven't read it yet, don't wait a minute longer, click on the "post" link, now!

P.S: Don't forget to have tissues handy! ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment