Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wrong color...

Last year, I knit the mega popular February Lady Sweater in Galway Worsted. I haven't worn it. The color I chose washes me out, it does not make me look good... :-(

I'm not crazy about the fit either, although I have a feeling that a brighter color would do wonders for my appreciation of it.

I'm seriously considering overdyeing it a brighter purple with KoolAid... Of course, I would start by overdyeing a few swatches, before attempting the process on the whole sweater...

Luckily, I have a lot of wool left, so I can make as many test swatches as I need. What's tricky about this, is finding the mix of colors that would transform my boring sweater into a glorious piece of my wardrobe...

Here is the culprit:


When (and if) I succeed in reaching a color that suits me, I'll hunt for buttons...

I'm off to play with colors, wish me luck! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what you have done with it. WIthout reading further (starting from back, making my way to present) I am thinking blue... blue like cobalt blue overdye !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue reading through the posts. You'll see! ;-)

    ReplyDelete