Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy, happy, joy, joy, joy!!!

Yes, I'm dancing my little Ren & Stimpy happy dance!

You see, while I was rummaging through a local second hand store, looking for a vintage  garden bench (which I found!), I came across a hat form, an old wooden hat form! My grandmother used to have one when I was small. I don't know where it disappeared to, although I've searched far and wide... So, imagine my excitement at finding this little beauty and bringing it back home!!!


                           My hats are all a lot easier to show when they're on a form!









 Granted the form is a bit smaller than my enormous slightly large head, but I love it all the same!


I have another reason to be excited, I got something through the mail! It's something I ordered from Lacis , a Pjoning Hook to do Bosnian crochet!



I've been trying it out and I have to tell you, it's absolutely great!!! Doing Bosnian (slip stitch) crochet with a regular hook is hard on the hands, but this hook is so smooth and thin, that it's like working with butter!!! :-)


1 comment:

  1. I learned to crochet with one of these in Sweden when I was 18 yrs old. I loved it. It helped me to control the width of the stitches. I would love to find abs purchase a other hook like this. I made mittens in 1982!

    ReplyDelete