Saturday, April 7, 2012

Knitting Fair Isle.

A few days ago, one of my friends, who is fairly new to continental knitting, asked me how I knit Fair Isle with both hands. How do I twist the yarns ?

The best way to explain this, is to share a video by Ann Bourgeois of Philosopher's Wool.

This is the single most useful knitting technique I have ever learned (after learning how to become adept at continental knitting) and Ann explains it very, very well!
If you don't know this method, I encourage you to try it!!!

On another front, while I'm still knitting and crocheting sweater swatches, I just had a couple of ideas for cute children's hats and I couldn't get them out of my head, I had to cast on... Why am I so obsessed with hats??? I need new cardigans, now!

Oh well, I guess I'll machine knit a few plain cardigans to tide me over for the time being. I'll jazz them up with some duplicate stitching or something and hand knit or crochet a couple of more complicated sweaters after I've gotten rid of my hat obsession...

Back to one of the little hats... :-)

Have a happy Easter Holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment