Friday, April 6, 2012

Knitting swatches...



In april, the weather is fickle around here. When you go out in the morning it's below freezing, but in the afternoon it gets a lot warmer and as soon as the sun goes down it gets cold again.

So, a little problem presents itself, how to dress to go from morning till night?

The best solution is almost always layering and of course, cardigans are always popular, since they can be worn under coats and removed later, or worn without the coat! They give the most versatility!

I admit I have many cardigans,  but after wearing them for the past 7 months, I want and need something new!!!

A few weeks ago I knit 2 new ones:



Then, I got sidetracked by hats... :-)

Well, although I still have 2 or 3 more hats I want to make, I'm ready to attack a few spring and summer cardigans. So, I'm playing with different yarns, making swatches. I'm looking at knitting, crochet and machine knitting and maybe even a mixture of the three methods. I still haven't decided, but I sure am having fun trying to decide!






No comments:

Post a Comment